- Identify and close new opportunities while working in partnership with others on the Business Development team and internal subject matter experts to actively grow the business.
- Evaluate, qualify, and align customer requirements with organizational capabilities for created and assigned leads/prospects.
- Be an active “voice of the customer” on customer needs, innovation opportunities, and project/NPI execution.
- Manage financial aspects of assigned accounts including but not limited to forecasting, negotiating pricing, and establishing terms and conditions in alignment with Silgan Unicep’s risk profiles and financial objectives.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Silgan Unicep’s target markets, product offerings, critical value propositions, key capabilities, and core services.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of how Silgan Unicep can positively impact each customer’s business.
- Identify and maintain relationships with key points of contact and/or decision makers within target accounts to ensure success during the sales process and to foster organic growth.
- Partner with Program Managers to thoroughly scope and quote new opportunities.
- Partner with Business Development and Marketing to support the effectiveness and success of coordinated campaigns and other marketing/sales activities.
- Utilize CRM database to manage, maintain, and track sales and business development interactions and supporting data.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a combination of equivalent experience &/or education.
- 5 plus years of direct technical business development or sales experience required with experience supporting contract manufacturing operations preferred.
- Proven ability to learn, understand, and articulate organizational value propositions as well as a varied set of production capabilities and core manufacturing services for a diverse set of markets.
- Proven experience in project scoping, quoting, and closing required.
- Ability to execute customer visits and deliver customer presentations.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to engage and work with all levels of an organization.
- Experience working with CRM database required and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook).
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Frequently required to travel, including overnight travel, by air and/or car.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds (9 kg).
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.