All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Measure, weigh, mix, and dispense chemicals while mixing product.
- Clean and sanitize mixing room equipment.
- Operate mixing room equipment.
- Review and record data.
- Maintain accurate production records, including (but not limited to) totals, number of rejects, and accounting for bulk product.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Ensure compliance with GMP, QSR/ISO, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Understanding of chemicals and their handling preferred.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and count.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal procedures and instructions.
- Ability to work independently with little direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience with ISO, GMP and/or GLP standards preferred.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time.
- Frequently required to climb stairs and ladders.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23kg).
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds (34 kg).
- Good manual dexterity.
- Fine motor control to grasp and manipulate small objects.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to wear a respirator on occasion.
- Frequently required to work with chemicals. MSDS sheets are provided.