Benefits: All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Create, implement and maintain various training programs for the Operations department
- Initiate employee training after on-boarding orientation and provide newly hired Operations employees with hands-on training on the production floor
- Create and maintain training tools and presentations for internal training and development
- Maintain and update training matrixes and tracking systems
- Provide real-time training support on the production floor
- Perform retraining for Operations as needed
- Consult and communicate with Operations Management to provide training results and benchmark updates
- Work cross-functionally with Operations and Human Resources on operator evaluations criteria and completion
- Work cross-functionally with Quality to ensure that employee training files are up to date
- Complete merit based employee evaluations for Operations employees
- Maintain merit-based employee evaluation processes to ensure they are up to date with current standards and practices
- Back up for facilitating cGMP training for new hires
- Maintain that Operations employees are up to date with training requirements
- Assist in explaining production work procedures and safety standards to employees as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor training priorities, schedules, costs, and equipment
- Contact and utilize outside vendors, colleges, and experts for instructional resources as needed
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory requirements in accordance with company policies
- Adhere to company safety requirements
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Support multiple locations for Operations training as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two-three years’ experience in a Manufacturing or Training Role preferred
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to speak publicly in front of groups and lead training sessions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel
- Experience with multimedia software/platforms preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines for projects, and prioritize tasks whether independent or interdepartmental
- Frequently required to sit and walk.
- Frequently required to walk up and down stairs.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12 kg).
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.