All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery and parts.
- Use cleaning chemicals to clean and sanitize machinery and parts.
- Environmental cleaning.
- Cross train with other departments including Mixing and Production to fill in as needed.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, QSR/ISO, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Regular attendance.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Prior experience on a sanitation crew in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to recognize good quality and perform to quality standards.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Frequently required to bend at waist and knees.
- Frequently required to crouch or kneel to get under machines.
- Ability to stand for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12 kg).
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Fine motor control to grasp and manipulate objects.
- Frequently work with chemicals. MSDS sheets are provided.
- Ability to wear a respirator.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.