All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Manages day-to-day production operations activities to include oversight of Supervisory staff for a 24 hour/day production facility.
- Provides leadership for employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels based on production needs as outlined in the production schedule.
- Coordinates with other departments to assure scheduled order commitments are met.
- Effectively uses labor, materials, and support services to meet quality standards and on-time in full performance to order commitments.
- Coordinates the successful implementation of lean manufacturing throughout operations.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly key performance metric data.
- Responsible for implementing an employee involvement work environment to include team meetings, decision-making, consensus building, process improvement, achievement of team goals, collaboration, good communication practices, and conflict resolution techniques.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for quality, cost control, waste reduction, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Maintain compliance with cGMP, QSR/ISO, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with lean manufacturing/Six Sigma.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or related field.
- Experience in an FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Experience with materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance required.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proficient with computer systems and the ability to use programs including Microsoft Office. Experience with SAGE preferred.
- Frequently required to sit, talk, or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.