All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Schedule and manage third-party contractors, ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze, implement and train layout of equipment, workflow, production methods and workforce utilization and implement processes and procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Work autonomously to re-design, repair or replace in-process production program equipment, production control hardware, and tooling.
- Develop and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions, and troubleshooting processes, methods, tooling and production controls for new programs. Train Manufacturing Engineers and Machine Technicians in these areas.
- Follow guidelines to assure machinery, room, and materials are in compliance with QSR/ISO requirements.
- Identify and implement necessary documentation for compliance and interact with Quality Assurance to ensure compliance.
- Write procedures and train others on the operation of new or existing equipment.
- Stay informed of new manufacturing technology and equipment; investigate their potential application. Recommend incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical.
- As part of the New Product Introduction process, review material Safety Data Sheets for safety compliance.
- Participate in the process to quote new products.
- Prepare specifications and source new equipment.
- Prepare User Requirement Specifications/FS for new equipment.
- Perform validation document review for new equipment.
- Plan and execute the preventive maintenance program.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts using lean manufacturing principles.
- Prepare and manage capital projects including identifying scope, cost, milestones, etc.
- Serve as a key resource for safety related issues with the goal of meeting/exceeding OSHA requirements for a safe workplace.
- Regular attendance.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Knowledge of building codes
- Preventive maintenance experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet established timelines
- Prior experience in FDA manufacturing facility and GMP regulations preferred
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Frequently required to stand and walk for long periods, as work requires.
- Occasionally required to bend at waist and knees.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12 kg)
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds (23kg).
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.