All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Oversight of and assignment of work to all Facilities and Maintenance staff to ensure the completion of assigned duties in a timely and compliant manner.
- Oversight of schedule, performance, and documentation of preventive maintenance on electrical, heating, ventilation, plant systems and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, USP Purified Water treatment system, oil-less compressor, and heated dryer system.
- Oversight of schedule and performance of preventive maintenance on mechanical and plumbing equipment.
- Oversight of schedule of Machine Technician staffing and assigned production equipment maintenance activities.
- Ensure that facility and equipment operations are maintained to be free from safety hazards for employees and visitors.
- Utilize eMaint system to actively manage parts/spares inventory and maintenance activities. Ensure that this is done in a manner consistent and compliant with applicable SOPs, Wis, and regulations.
- Maintain staff schedules for all personnel within designated functions to meet organizational commitments. This may include but is not limited to off-shift on-call schedules and/or overtime assignments.
- Prepare and submit Capital Asset Requests (CARs) for project-based facility or equipment capital spend.
- Maintain active management of Maintenance and Facilities departmental spend to budget.
- Engage with vendors to establish and maintain contract services as appropriate.
- Monitor machine uptime and set-up/teardown/changeover efficiency and identify and implement strategies to improve performance.
- Participate in or lead continuous improvement activities as assigned by leadership.
- Ensure that Facilities and Maintenance personnel comply with all procedural requirements.
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure that equipment manuals and work instruction changes are identified and properly implemented.
- Ensure that department training records are maintained in a current state and that individuals are provided with required training to meet job competencies.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements in accordance with company policy.
- Regular attendance.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in a related field required.
- Five (5) or more years or Supervisory or Managerial experience required with direct oversight of maintenance functions preferred.
- Two (2) years prior experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead or work as part of a team to complete projects.
- Ability to prioritize resources to meet established budgets and timelines.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work instructions.
- Mechanically inclined with experience in plumbing, HVAC systems, steam, and manufacturing operations preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations required.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to quality standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Travel between facilities to support operations when necessary and as required by leadership.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk, potentially for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Occasionally required to crawl under equipment.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12 kg).
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- May be required to work with cleaners, solvents, and chemicals. SDS sheets are provided. Required to wear respirator when working with certain chemicals.
- May be required to work outside in inclement weather conditions as necessary.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.