Benefits: All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Welcome all new hires to the company; conduct new hire orientations for direct labor positions and assist them with the onboarding paperwork process.
- Lead new hires on a tour of the facility.
- Lead cGMP training for all new hires.
- Lead various training and education programs.
- Assist in the administration of benefit programs. Input new hires into the HR and Benefits databases and filing systems.
- Assist in explaining company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Weekly timecard auditing and check for errors; perform data entry for payroll and attendance purposes.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel records, including: payroll change forms, attendance tracking, disciplinary documents, etc.
- Insurance billing, including: reconciliation, eligibility, enrollment, changes and termination of employees.
- Process for advertising or posting of job vacancies.
- Scheduling and maintenance of temporary agency employees.
- Processing of employment verification requests.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality at all times on matters pertaining to the company and its employees.
- Create name and building access badges.
- Recruiting of Direct Labor positions; conducting interviews for direct labor.
- Schedule interviews for hiring manager and HR Manager.
- Back up Receptionist, including the answering of multi-line phone system, route calls to appropriate party, page employees when necessary, take messages as required, and provide general company information to callers; greet visitors, ensure all visitors sign the visitor log, and notify appropriate party that their visitor is in the Reception area
- Ensure compliance with cGMP, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two – three years experience in a Human Resource Department.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12kg).
- Vision includes close vision, color vision and distance vision.
- Ability to travel by air or car to meet with customers.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.