All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Troubleshoot and modify machine programs to overcome issues and improve production output in quality and quantity.
- Assist Automation Engineering in design, integration and implementation of new equipment.
- Assist writing troubleshooting guides and work instructions.
- Monitor production equipment to ensure a quality product.
- Perform troubleshooting, adjustments, and tuning of production machinery.
- Assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting difficult equipment problems.
- Take ownership and maintain timelines of upgrades to production equipment.
- Coordinate with Engineering to identify and implement process improvements.
- Manage projects as assigned.
- Comply with all procedural requirements.
- Sustain awareness of production schedule and needs.
- Regular attendance.
- Adhere to company safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of manufacturing/production experience.
- Associate degree or certificate in mechanical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing product flows.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to quality standards.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Ability to work as part of a team to complete projects.
- Experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility preferred.
- Knowledge of GMP regulations preferred.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently required to walk.
- Required to stand for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (12 kg).
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- Fine motor control to grasp and manipulate objects.
- Frequently required to bend at waist and knees.
- Frequently required to reach.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to work with products that contain chemicals or may contain hazardous materials. MSDS sheets are provided.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.