Benefits: All Silgan Unicep employees are eligible to participate in our dental, medical and/or vision benefits after a probationary waiting period.
- Perform in-process and final quality inspections of product.
- Prepare production paperwork in accordance with SOPs and WIs.
- Prepare quality documentation, ensuring accuracy and completeness for all products.
- Audit the Production line.
- Works on a production line packaging products, following written guidelines and specifications for each product.
- Independently operates production machinery after the successful completion of training and certification.
- Is able to perform machine set up.
- Follows established quality requirements for each product.
- Works with Quality Control to ensure written documentation for production runs is correct and in compliance with all company requirements and government regulations.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures for operating equipment and handling raw materials and finished goods.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping and a clean work area.
- Promotes teamwork by working with others to achieve production efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, QSR/ISO, FDA, OSHA, and all other regulatory requirements, in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to company safety requirements.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 months in a Production Operator II position with Silgan Unicep Packaging, Inc., or demonstrated equivalent prior experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of GMP regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret written policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete paperwork correctly.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others to achieve goals.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to recognize good quality and perform to quality standards.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stand and walk.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds (9 kg).
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (23 kg).
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to grasp small objects.
- Vision ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable those individuals who are disabled as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act to perform the essential functions of this job.